Newborn Photography | Best time to book a session
Newborn photography is a beautiful portrait experience that captures the freshness look of a tiny newborn baby. This stage lasts only a few short weeks after a baby is born.
The best time to book your newborn photography session is 2-3 months prior your due date. This will give the photographer time to put you in the schedule and plan your session. Booking near your delivery date or right after can add unnecessary stress and make your experience feel rushed. Your photographer of choice may also be completely booked by the time you call to reserve a session date, another important reason to book ahead of time.
Here are some steps to follow if you are planning on booking a newborn photography session:
- Halfway through your pregnancy, at around 20 weeks start your search for experienced professional newborn photographers in your area
- After choosing the right one for you, contact the photographer to schedule a consultation and book your session date
- Start planning with your photographer the style and what you envision for your session
- Your delivery date will be marked as your booking reservation tentatively. As soon as your baby is born have a family member contact your photographer
- Schedule with your photographer the best time within 2 weeks after baby’s birth, the photography session date
Customizing your session:
You want this moment to be remembered in a very special way and planning for it can be a fun thing to do especially when thinking how to decorate the nursery!
Adding beautiful baby portraits to your nursery will add those special finishing touches that will complete the look of your baby’s room. Therefore, during your consultation talk about the colors and textures you would like to incorporate in the nursery decor. Planning with enough time will also help the photographer choose the right props and colors based on your information and preferred style. You may also want to bring a personal meaningful item for your session where your photographer during this time, will make the best efforts to incorporate in the styling of your photos.
If you are in Miami or anywhere in south florida and would like more information about a custom photography session with us, please contact me at email@example.com or give me a call. I’d love to set up a consultation for you!
Visit also my portfolio section for newborns here https://www.melibphotography.com/newborns to see more samples of my work.
I’d also love to connect with you via any of my social media pages like:https://www.facebook.com/MeliBPhotography and https://www.instagram.com/melib_photography/